This blended course is designed for the beginner/intermediate technology user who has been introduced to the power of Google apps, but desires more guided practice with a goal of higher proficiency. It promotes independence as it accelerates learners beyond the basics of G-Suite apps such as Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Sites, Slides, Forms, and YouTube while enhancing creativity, collaboration, and communication through the SAMR model. Participants will delve into personalized learning experiences and engage with peer partners to gain confidence as they integrate G-Suite into the daily practices of their professional roles with colleagues, students, and school community.
Recommended Prerequisite: Completion of the PD Campus course Introduction to G-Suite for Education (formerly Introduction to Google Apps for Education) or a basic understanding of the G-Suite apps.
- Collaborate through peer review commenting, editing and chat features
- Survey, assess, and analyze data using Forms and Spreadsheets
- Communicate and organize using advanced features of Gmail, Calendar, and Hangouts
- Create and publish interactive learning using Google Sites
- Reflect on best practices with peer coaching
- Discuss and reflect on professional texts through book study discussions
- Organize Google Drive for maximum efficiency
- Create and share using Screencastify and YouTube