This intermediate iPad course is designed for classroom teachers to go beyond the iPad apps and design lessons and activities to foster critical thinking and 21st century skills. The iPad is an amazing learning tool, and this course helps teachers connect the dots to best practices of teaching and learning by redefining classroom instruction. This course models blended learning through a personalized approach
In this blended course, students will meet face-to-face six times for four hours and experience a hands-on approach to Designing Curricula with iPads. Throughout these six face-to-face modules, students will engage in hands-on learning, group sharing of ideas, and small breakout sessions that offer differentiation of learning styles.
**Summer Course Schedule runs 6 modules over 4 days**
Students will also engage in 3.5 hours of online work per module which includes course readings, reflective responses and collaborative sharing of ideas through Canvas, our course learning management system. Students will also spend time creating a mini product (five total) for each learning module during the course.
This course is perfect for any K-12 educator looking to redefine classroom learning and increase student engagement in the classroom!
- Develop a personal learning network
- Build App Smashing Apptivities
- Design a blended learning model
- Explore tools for creativity
- Build interactive lessons with QR codes and Augmented Reality
- Publish dynamic digital portfolios
- Manage student work flow using Cloud technology
- Foster collaboration using Google Tools and web 2.0
- Assess teaching and learning with SAMR
All participants should have prior iPad experience, or taken a beginner iPad course.