**This course has been converted to - "Introduction to G Suite", Chromebook version. A Chromebook will be provided to all course takers. This course will NOT focus on the iOs version.
This introductory blended course examines how to use Google Apps in the 21st Century Classroom as digital tools enhancing collaboration, creativity, and improved student communication. This course will provide educators the opportunity to learn all of the main G-Suite programs including Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets, Sites, and Google Classroom. Additionally, educators will learn to leverage apps and Chrome extensions. This course is designed for the instructor who wants to utilize free, powerful, collaborative tools with their colleagues, students, and community.
In addition to learning the G-Suite tools for instructional purposes, educators will participate in class activities with iPads. This instructional approach is designed specifically for educators teaching in classrooms with iPads.
- Collaborate with Google Docs and Slides
- Collect and analyze data with Forms and Spreadsheets
- Communicate and organize with Shared drives
- Create and publish a portfolio of work via Google Sites
- Explore the Chrome Store for apps to differentiate learning
- Collaborate and share best practices through course discussions
- Develop an implementation plan presentation
- Participate in activities with an iPad to learn iOs integration of G-Suite
Daniel Boone School District
Specific location TBA
3 Credits - $1549
Participants receive 3 graduate-level professional development credits.
Credits provided the University of North Dakota.
Instructional Dates and Times
Thursday Jan. 24, 2019 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Thursday Jan. 31, 2019 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Thursday Feb. 7, 2019 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Thursday Feb. 21, 2019 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Thursday Feb. 28, 2019 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Thursday Mar. 7, 2019 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)