Course Code: T&L 2900, STEM in the Classroom
In this hands-on exploratory course, participants will learn how to integrate STEM into the everyday classroom. This course will model the engineering process of design, test, analyze, redesign while leading participants through STEM related activities and best practices of teaching and learning. Participants will create a STEM toolbox of activities and resources and that can be implemented into everyday curriculum.
In this blended course, participants will meet face-to-face six times for four hours and experience a hands-on approach to STEM in the Classroom. Throughout these six face-to-face modules, participants will engage in hands-on learning, group sharing of ideas, and small breakout sessions that offer differentiation of learning styles.
Participants will also engage in 3.5 hours of online work per learning module which includes course readings, reflective responses and collaborative sharing of ideas through Schoology, our course learning management system. Students will create mini products for each learning module and a final integrated STEM Unit.
- Integrate STEM in the Classroom
- Learn the engineering and design process
- Test, Analyze, and Reconstruct Solutions
- Design Solutions to Problems
- Create a STEM Toolbox of Activities and Resources
- Integrate 21st Century Skills into every STEM activity
- Build and program robots
- Design and code your online games (and play some created by other people!)
* All registered participants will receive a STEM kit for their classroom.
3 Credits, with STEM kit: $1549
Participants receive 3 graduate-level professional development credits.
Credits provided the University of North Dakota.
Instructional Dates and Times
Day, Date, Times