Course Code: T&L 2900, Teaching with iPads
In this blended course, students will experience a hands-on approach to Teaching with iPads. Throughout these modules, students will engage in hands-on learning, group sharing of ideas, and small breakout sessions that offer differentiation of learning styles.
Students will also engage in online work, which includes course readings, reflective responses and collaborative sharing of ideas through one of our course learning management system, Schoology. Students will create one product for each learning module that has a practical meaning to classroom instruction.
- Explore the iOS operating system, management and workflow
- Compare and contrast the role of one iPad in a classroom, a shared iPad environment, and a 1:1 environment
- Create learning activities as they apply to the SAMR model
- Interact with an LMS to publish work, discuss and share ideas, and connect
- Interact in a paperless environment
- Create and publish: screencasts, movies, interactive books, and presentations
- Engage in professional growth and leadership
- Examine how iPad can differentiate instruction
- Design and develop digital age learning formative assessments
This course is perfect for any K-12 educator looking to spark creativity and increase student engagement in the classroom!
Register today and we’ll provide you with a new 32 Gig iPad!
Daniel Boone Area School District
Specific Location TBD
3 Credits, With Device: $1549 (iPad included!)
Participants receive 3 graduate-level professional development credits.
Credits provided the University of North Dakota.
Instructional Dates and Times
Thursday, September 20 2018 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Thursday, September 27 2018 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Thursday, October 4 2018 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Thursday, October 11 2018 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Thursday, October 18 2018 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Thursday, October 25 2018 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM)