TRANSFORMING LEARNING WITH G-SUITE
This blended course is for the intermediate technology user interested in expanding on the use of the Google Apps to transform learning. The course immerses participants in Google Apps to build interactive activities, templates and student-driven projects that promote higher level thinking skills and engages students in a modern-day learning environment. This course will examine the modern day learning concepts of gamification, hybrid, personalized and project based learning.
In this blended course, students will meet face-to-face six times for 3 hours and experience a hands-on approach to utilizing Google Apps. Throughout these six face-to-face modules, students will engage in hands-on learning, group sharing of ideas, and small breakout sessions that offer differentiation of learning styles. Also included are weekly Google Hangouts online.
Students will also engage in 4.5 hours of online work which includes course readings, reflective responses with a peer partner, and professional discussions in response to a group book study using Schoology, our course learning management system. Students will also spend time creating 5 mini projects and a culminating final project during the course. Schoology provides a flipped version of the face-to-face version complete with video tutorials for extra remediation or extensions.
- Collaborate through peer review commenting, editing and chat features
- Survey, assess, and analyze data using Forms and Spreadsheets
- Communicate and organize using advanced features of Gmail, Calendar, and Hangouts
- Create and publish interactive learning using Google Sites
- Reflect on best practices with peer coaching
- Discuss and reflect on professional texts through book study discussions
- Organize Google Drive for maximum efficiency
- Create and share using Screencastify and YouTube